Cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or application. Your web browser (such as Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome) then sends these cookies back to the website or application on each subsequent visit so that they can recognise you and remember things like personalised details or user preferences.
Cookies are very useful and do lots of different jobs which help to make your experience on websites as smooth as possible. For example, they let you move between web pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
They are referred to as session or persistent cookies, depending on how long they are used:
• Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
• Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for the period of time specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated.
Which cookies does London4arabs.com use and why?
When you use London4arabs.com, the following 5 categories of cookies may be set on your device:
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our websites and use features such as hotel booking and accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you may want to use, such as completing complicated forms on London4arabs.com, cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you've been on the internet.
Some examples of these essential cookies include:
• Remembering previous actions (such as text you've entered in a registration form) when navigating back to a page in the same session.
• Identifying you as being signed in to London4arabs.com and our other websites and keeping you logged in throughout your visit so that you don't need to sign in each and every time you visit.
• Remembering security settings, such as what level of access you may have to a 'members' area of the site which has restricted access to certain content.
• Remembering the dates of your trip when you are navigating the hotel search service.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually 'anonymised' - which means we can't identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you've been on the internet.
We use these types of cookies to improve your experience on our website. Some examples of how we try to do this may include:
• Remembering your preferences and settings. This might include drop down menu selections, form input, disability settings (such as text sizes and colours).
• Remembering if we've already asked you if you want to fill in a survey or if you've completed a survey, so you're not asked to do it again.
• Remembering if you've been to the site before so that messages intended for first-time users are not displayed to you.
• Remembering when you've voted in a poll or rated a product or article so that you don't do this more than once during your visit.
• Supporting social media components, like Facebook or Twitter (where a website uses a plugin from these third party platforms, for example).
If you would like a list of the functional cookies used by London4arabs.com or have any further questions, you can use the form on our ‘Contact us' page.
In order to keep London4arabs.com relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use them. For example, we can see which parts of the website are most popular, identify which pages are more relevant, identify when errors occur and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These web analytics services may be designed and operated by other companies on our behalf. E.g Google Analytics. They do this using small invisible images such as "tracking pixels" that may be included in the website. These are used to count the number of times something has been seen. These web beacons are anonymous and do not contain or collect any information that identifies you.
Cookies allow web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes. It allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our websites. It also helps us to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience. For example, we might see that many people who viewed Page A also viewed Page B and we can then recommend Page B to everyone else who viewed Page A.
• Personalised retargeting is another form of OBA that enables advertiser partners to show you adverts based on your online browsing away from their websites. For example, if you visited the website of an online travel company you may start seeing adverts from the same travel company displaying special offers or showing you the products that you were browsing when you come to a different websites. This allows companies to advertise to people who previously visited their website. These cookies will usually be dropped by third-party advertising networks, such as Criteo, Rubicon and Vibrant Media.
Although these cookies can track your visits around the web they don't know who you are.
Please note that on some pages of our websites you may notice that cookies have been set that are not related to LondonTown.com or our authorised service providers. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Facebook, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. We only include third party providers who are trusted and well known to the public - such as Google, Yahoo, Wow, You Tube, Facebook, LinkedIN etc. These anonymous cookies may be set by that third party to track the success of their application or to customise their application to you. London4arabs.com does not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookies work, as cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.
However, there are various ways that you can control and manage your cookies which are discussed in a bit more detail below. Please remember that any settings you change will not just affect London4arabs.com cookies. These changes will apply to all websites that you visit (unless you choose to block cookies from particular sites).
Managing cookies in your browser
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
• See what cookies you've got and delete them on an individual basis.
• Block third party cookies.
• Block cookies from particular sites.
• Block all cookies from being set.
• Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website for these reasons.
The links below take you to the ‘Help' sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies.